Meet FujiFilm Instax Square SQ6 - Fuji' first analogue square instant camera.
While the Instax Square SQ6 is the first Instax-branded analogue FujiFIlm camera to use its square-format film, it’s not the first time that the square film has been used in an analogue-only camera.
A few different shooting modes can be used with the SQ6. There’s double exposure, which can combine two exposures on the same piece of film, and a macro mode that can be used to capture selfies and close-ups as near as 30cm, while the landscape mode allows long-range shooting from a minimum of three steps.
Other features include a 10-seconds timer, LED light display, a selfie mirror and a tripod socket.
The SQ6 uses two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries, and the battery life is said to last for approximately 30 of the 10-shot packs.
The Instax SQ6 will be available in three colours: Pearl White, Blush Gold and Graphite Gray. To celebrate the launch, Instax is also releasing black instant film, which will feature a new black frame.
- Film: FUJIFILM Instant Film “instax SQUARE” (Purchased separately)
- Picture Size: 62 mm x 62 mm/2.4 in.x 2.4 in.
- Lens: Retractable lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f = 65.75 mm, 1:12.6
- Viewfinder: Inverted Galilean finder, 0.4 x, with target spot
- Focusing: Motor-driven 3-range switching (0.3 m - 0.5 m/1 ft. - 1.6 ft., 0.5 m - 2 m/1.6 ft - 6.6 ft., 2 m/6.6 ft. and beyond),
Macro Mode (0.3 m - 0.5 m/1 ft. - 1.6 ft.)
Normal Mode (0.5 m - 2 m/1.6 ft - 6.6 ft.)
Landscape Mode (2 m/6.6 ft and beyond)
- Shutter Release: Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.6 sec - 1/400 sec.
- Exposure Control: Automatic, Interlocking range (ISO 800) : LV 5 - LV 15.5,
Exposure compensation: ±2/3 EV
- Film Feeding Out: Automatic
- Film Developing Time: Approximately 90 seconds (Varies depending on the ambient temperature)
- Flash: In Macro mode: Built-in, automatic electronic flash
In a mode other than Macro mode: Flash on (unless you use “Flash off Mode”)
Charging time: 0.2 sec - 7 sec (using a new battery), Flash charging indicator,
Effective flash lamp range: 0.3 m - 2.7 m/1 ft. - 8.9 ft.
- Self-Timer: Electronically controlled, approx. 10 second delay, Can be stopped mid-run
- LED Display: Shooting mode (Auto, Selfie, Macro, Landscape, Double exposure), Brightness adjustment, Flash suppressing, Self timer Mode
- Power Supply: Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries
Capacity: Approximately 30 instax SQUARE 10-pack film packs with
new CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries
- Others: Film pack confirmation window, tripod socket (tripod sold separately)
- Dimensions & Weight: 118.7 mm x 128.1 mm x 58.1 mm/4.7 in. x 5.0 in. x 2.3 in.
(not including protrusions)
393 g/13.9 oz. (without battery, strap, and film pack)
- Accessories: Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries, Shoulder strap, Three flash color filters