The new FujiFilm X-E3 utilizes the X-Processor Pro for best in class color reproduction in both stills and 4K movies. Made for photographers who want to seamlessly upload photos directly to their smartphone or tablet.
The X-E3 features APS-C 24.3 megapixel X-Trans™* CMOS III sensor and the X-Processor Pro high-speed image processing engine. The X-E3 is the first X Series model to feature Bluetooth ®** low energy wireless communication. You can pair the camera with your smartphone or tablet device for easy transfer of pictures taken. The LCD monitor, on the back of the camera, uses a static touchscreen panel which supports the conventional “Touch Shot”, “Touch AF” and “Focus Area Selection” capabilities. An all-new “Touch Function” feature will be available on the X-E3, which enables gesture control like flick and pinch zoom, to further enhance touchscreen operation. The AF algorithm has been updated to enhance the camera's performance for tracking a moving subject. The X-E3's premium exterior design, agility and functional beauty make it a mirrorless camera that is “a pleasure to own and fun to shoot with” at the same time.
FujiFilm X-E3 Features
Compact and lightweight body for portability and practicality
FujiFilm redesigned the camera body of FUJIFILM X-E2, released in November 2013, to create the most compact and lightweight model within the X Series interchangeable lens camera range, with a viewfinder. The form factor makes it a perfect companion for everyday use and travel photography. The well-balanced proportions and the grip-shaped design make the camera comfortable to hold. The new model also supports the Focus Lever, a popular feature first introduced in the FUJIFILM X-Pro2, allowing you to instantaneously change the focus area while keeping eye on the viewfinder.
The top plate of the camera body features two dials, one for shutter speed and the other for exposure compensation. The dials, milled from aluminum, have a high quality appearance and deliver a reassuring click at every notched setting. The exposure compensation dial now has the C position to enable exposure compensation of up to ±5 stops in 1/3 steps, which enhances the basic operability of photography. The X-E3 is also equipped with an Auto mode selector lever for selecting the fully-automatic Advanced SR Auto mode where the camera chooses the optimum settings for a given scene.
Outstanding image quality, high-speed response and upgraded AF tracking performance
The X-E3 features a 24.3 megapixel APS-C sized X-Trans™ CMOS III sensor and X-Processor Pro image processing engine for outstanding image quality and high-speed response. The X-E3 features a large phase detection AF area and an updated algorithm to deliver a fastest AF speed of 0.06sec.***. The X-E3 also offers 5.0fps live-view shooting, a quick start-up time of 0.4sec., a shutter time lag of 0.050sec. and a shooting interval of 0.25sec.*4
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the X-E3 is able to track subjects that are moving at twice the speed compared to the previous models*5. In addition, the X-E3 is also able to track moving subjects of half the size as before.
Enhanced connectivity with Bluetooth® wireless communication
The X-E3 is the first X Series camera that offers Bluetooth® capability. Pair it with your smartphone or tablet device and easily transfer pictures you have taken to the smartphone or tablet device via the smart-device app “FUJIFILM Camera Remote.”
Upgraded intuitive touchscreen operation
The LCD monitor uses a high-resolution 1.04M dot, 3.0-inch static touchscreen panel display. The “Touch Panel Settings” on allows the following operations during shooting and playback modes:
- Focus Area Selection: Move the focus point to the chosen position by tapping the LCD monitor.
- Touch Shot: Touch to focus on a specific point, then take the picture. When you remove your finger from the screen, the camera will take a shot
- Swipe Movement : Swiping a finger across the screen scrolls through the images, one after the other.
- Double-Tap Enlargement: Tapping the screen twice will enlarge the image, centering on the active focus point when the image was taken.
- Drag : Moving a finger across the screen when an image is enlarged will move it around the frame.
- Pinch out : Placing two fingers on the screen and widening the distance between them enlarges the image.
- Pinch in : While the image being displayed is enlarged, placing two fingers on the screen and narrowing the distance between them reduces the image size and ultimately displays the last 9 images.
- All the touchscreen functions are disabled when the “Touch Panel Settings” are turned off.
The camera also features the “Touch Function”, in which you can use flick motions in up – down and right – left directions to call pre-assigned functions. Use the drag motion on the touchscreen panel, even while keeping your eye on the Electric View Finder (EVF), to change the focus area location. In the EVF TOUCH SCREEN AREA SETTINGS, you can activate touchscreen operation for “ALL”, “RIGHT”, “LEFT” or turn the functionality “OFF”.
High resolution and high definition 4K video recording
The X-E3 is capable of recording both Full HD and 4K video using the X Series' famous Film Simulation modes. You can output recorded video to an external monitor, via the HDMI port, and input audio from an external microphone.
25 high-performance FUJINON X-mount lenses for ultimate versatility
Our XF lens line-up now features 25 lenses, after today's announcement of the FUJINON XF80mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro. The current line-up of lenses range from ultra-wide-angle to super-telephoto and includes five fast aperture prime lenses. These lenses bring out the very best image quality from the X-E3. Optional accessories such as mount adapters and macro extension tubes further broaden photographic potential.
- Number of effective pixels: 24.3 million pixels
- Image sensor: 23.5mm x 15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans™ CMOS III with primary color filter
- Sensor cleaning system: Ultra sonic vibration
- Storage media:
- SD Card (-2GB)
- SDHC Card (-32GB)
- SDXC Card(-256GB) UHS-I
- Lens mount: FUJIFILM X Mount
- Standard output: AUTO1、AUTO2、AUTO3 (up to ISO12800) ISO200～12800 (1/3EVstep)
- Extended output: ISO100/125/160/25600/51200
- Viewfinder: 0.39-in., Approx. 2,360K-dot OLED color viewfinder
- Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area: Approx. 100%
- Eye point: Approx. 17.5mm [from the rear end of the camera's eyepiece],
- Diopter adjustment: -4m - +2m-1[dpt]
- Magnification: 0.62x with 50mm lens [35mm format equivalent] at infinity and diopter set to -1m-1.
- Diagonal angle of view: Approx. 30° [Horizontal angle of view: Approx. 25°]
- Built-in eye sensor
- LCD monitor: 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2,
- Approx.: 1040K-dot touch screen color LCD monitor [Approx. 100% coverage]
- Movie recording:
- 4K: [3840 x 2160] 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98P, 100Mbps
- Continuous recording: up to Approx. 10 min.
- *For 4K movie recording, use a card with UHS Speed Class 3 or higher.
- Full HD: [1920 x 1080] 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98P, 36Mbps
- Continuous recording: up to Approx. 15 min.
- HD: [1280 x 720] 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 24p/23.98P, 18Mbps
- Continuous recording: up to Approx. 30 min.
- *Although movie recording will continue without interruption when the file size reaches 4 GB, subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file which must be viewed separately.
- 4K: [3840 x 2160] 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98P, 100Mbps
- Wireless transmitter:
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b / g / n [standard wireless protocol]
- Access mode: Infrastructure
- Encryption: WEP / WPA / WPA2 mixed mode
- Standards: Bluetooth Ver 4.0(Bluetooth low energy)
- Operating frequency: 2402～2480MHz (Center frequency)
- Power supply: NP-W126S Li-ion battery (included)
- 121.3mm(W) x 73.9mm(H) x 42.7mm(D)
- 4.78in.(W) x 2.91in.(H) x 1.68in.(D)
- (Minimum Depth: 32.4mm)
- Approx. 337g / oz.(including battery and memory card)
- Approx. 287g / oz.(excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
- Battery life for still images*: Approx. 350 frames(When XF35mmF1.4R is set, LCD monitor ON, Standard mode)
- Accessories included:
- Li-ion battery NP-W126S
- Battery charger BC-W126
- Body cap
- Shoe-mount flash unit EF-X8
- Shoulder strap
- Metal strap clip
- Protective cover
- Clip attaching tool
- Owner's manual