Fujifilm has finally announced the new X-Pro3, a rangefinder-type mirrorless camera that was designed with street photographers and photojournalists in mind.
The third iteration of Fujifilm's first X-mount camera gains titanium top and base plates but the noteworthy feature is an LCD panel that faces the back of the camera and needs to be flipped down to use it. The viewfinder and rear screen are the main distinctions between this and the similarly-specced X-T3.
The X-Pro3 continues the X-Pro's hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder legacy. The optical viewfinder (OVF) has a 0.5x magnification and automatic parallax-correcting frame lines (for close distance framing accuracy) that help you compose your shots. You can also see outside the frame, allowing you to better anticipate subjects moving into the shot and see the context of what you’re capturing.
The hybrid viewfinder system provide a 3.69-million-dot electronic viewfinder (EVF) which allows you to see in real-time how your resulting photo will look. The X-Pro3's EVF has a 1:5000 contrast ratio.
At the heart of the new FujiFilm X-Pro3 camera is a back-illuminated 26.1-megapixel X-Trans CMOS sensor, up slightly from the 24.3MP one found in the X-Pro2. The sensor is backed by an X-Processor 4 Quad-Core imaging engine and has an ISO range of 160-12800.
- Number of effective pixels: 26.1 millions pixels
- Image sensor: 23.5mm×15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 with primary color filter.
- Sensor Cleaning system: Ultra Sonic Vibration
- Storage media:
- SD memory card (~2GB) / SDHC memory card (~32GB) / SDXC memory card (~512GB)
- UHS-I / UHS-II / Video Speed Class V30 *1
- File format of still image: JPEG: Exif Ver.2.3*2, RAW: 14bit RAW (RAF original format) / RAW+JPEG
- Number of recorded pixels:
- [L](3:2) 6240 × 4160 (16:9) 6240 × 3512 (1:1) 4160 × 4160
- [M](3:2) 4416 × 2944 (16:9) 4416 × 2488 (1:1) 2944 × 2944
- [S](3:2) 3120 × 2080 (16:9) 3120 × 1760 (1:1) 2080 × 2080
- Lens mount: FUJIFILM X mount
- Standard output: AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3 / ISO160~12800 (1/3 step)
- Extended output: ISO80 / 100 / 125 / 25600 / 51200
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
- Exposure mode: P (Program AE) / A (Aperture Priority AE) / S (Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M (Manual Exposure)
- Exposure compensation: -5.0EV~+5.0EV 1/3EV step (Movie: -2.0EV~+2.0EV)
- Shutter type: Focal Plane Shutter
- Shutter speed:
- Mechanical Shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/8000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/8000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/8000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- Electronic Shutter*3: P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: 1sec. Fixed
- Electronic front curtain shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/8000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/8000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/8000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- Mechanical + Electronic shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- E-front + Mechanical shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/8000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/8000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/8000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min. *Electronic front curtain shutter works until 1/2000sec.
- E-front + Mechanical + Electronic shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min. *Electronic front curtain shutter works until 1/2000sec, Mechanical shutter works until 1/8000sec.
- Synchronized shutter speed for flash: 1/250sec. or slower
- Mode: Single AF / Continuous AF / MF
- Type: Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
- Low-light Performance Contrast: -3.0EV Phase Detection: -6.0EV (XF35mmF1.4 attached)
- AF frame selection:
- Single point AF: EVF / LCD: 13×9 / 25×17 (Changeable size of AF frame)
- Zone AF: 3×3 / 5×5 / 7×7 from 91 areas on 13×9 grid
- Wide/Tracking AF: (up to 18 area)
- *AF-S: Wide / AF-C: Tracking All
The Fujifilm X-Pro3 will be available for $1,800 for the standard Black version or $2,000 for the stronger DR Black or DR silver versions.